We hope that this guide will help you set up your iPhone quickly and easily.
This guide includes the following steps
- Change of SIM Card
- iPhone setup
- Change of the standard PIN code
- Data connection setup
- MMS setup
- Voicemail setup
If you have received your new SIM Card and have made sure that you are in Denmark on the number transferal date, you are ready. In the morning of the day of the transferal, you will have to change your SIM card.
The new SIM Card from Cirque is bigger than the iPhone SIM Card slot. Take out the SIM Card tray to find out which frame fits your iPhone.
Change of SIM card
- Turn off your iPhone by pressing and holding the ON/OFF-button at the top of the iPhone,until the red slider appears. Drag the slider to turn your device completely off.
- To change SIM Cards, you need to push out the SIM tray using a paper clip or the original eject tool from Apple. The SIM Card tray is located on the right side of your iPhone, on the side of the phone. Insert the paper clip in the small hole in the SIM Card tray until it makes a small “Click”. When you have succeeded, the SIM Card tray will come right out. Pull it all the way out. (See the picture below)
- Remove the old SIM Card.
- Take the SIM Card from Cirque and insert it into the SIM Card tray, chip facing down. Push the SIM Card tray back into your device. Insert the tray in the same way that you removed it (it will only fit one way).
Change of SIM card:
After changing the SIM Card, you are now ready to turn on your iPhone. Press and hold the ON/OFF button at the top of the iPhone, until you see the Apple logo.
When the iPhone has been switched on, you will see a screenshot of the clock and a note saying SIM locked. Drag the slider to the right and enter your personal Passcode. Your Passcode is not the same as your PIN code. Your Passcode is your own and is the one you used with your old SIM card, when the iPhone locked the screen.
When the Passcode is accepted, the following will be shown on your screen.
Please tap Unlock.
Enter the standard PIN code 1234 and press OK.
Change of the standard PIN code
- Pres on the icon Settings
- Scroll down and choose Phone
- Scroll down again and press SIM PIN
- Press Change PIN
- Enter your current PIN code 1234 and press Done in the upper right corner.
- Now it’s time to create your own PIN code, please enter it here.
- Confirm your new PIN code by entering it again. Press Done in the upper right corner.
Your PIN code has now been changed. If you ever forget your PIN code or enter it incorrectly three times, you will need to use your PUK code, which you will find in the letter, where your new SIM card was placed.
Data connection setup
To check if your data connection is working properly, it is necessary to follow these steps:
First, your iPhone needs to be disconnected from Wi-Fi:
- Pres the icon Settings
- Choose Wi-Fi and turn it off.
- Press Settings in the upper left corner to go back.
- Press Cellular.
- Is Cellular Data turned on? If not, please turn it on by pulling the slider to the right.
- Scroll further down and press Cellular Data Network
- Scroll down to the bottom and press Reset Settings
- Press the HOME button to return
- Press and hold the ON/OFF button at the top of the iPhone. Drag the slider to turn your device completely off.
- When your iPhone is turned off, press and hold the ON/OFF button again until you see the Apple logo.
- Enter Passcode
- Enter PIN code
Make sure that sure that the Wi-Fi connection is still off:
- Press the icon Settings
- Choose Wi-Fi and turn it off if it is not already.
- To return press Settings.
- Press Cellular
- Check that Mobile Data is still turned on. If it is off, please change it.
- Scroll down to Cellular Data Network and enter this menu.
- It should look as follows:
- Press the HOME-button
- Open Internet Safari
Your iPhone is now online without Wi-Fi. Remember to switch Wi-Fi back on again.
It is time for setting up MMS on your iPhone.
iMessage has to be switched off before we start.
- Press the icon Settings
- Scroll down and choose Messages
- Turn off iMessage by dragging it from right to the left.
- Press the HOME button
- Press the App Messages
- Write a new text message (“Test”).
- The recipient of the MMS is you, so please enter your own mobile number as the recipient.
- Choose a photo by pressing the camera icon. Whether you choose a picture from your photo library, or take a new photo, does not matter.
- Press Send.
If you receive the MMS within a few minutes, and are able to see the photo, your MMS function has been set up correctly.
Remember to switch on iMessage and Wi-Fi in Settings menu, when you are done setting up the MMS function.
A new telecom provider means a new voicemail setup. Once you have started using your new SIM Card, the Voicemail phone number will automatically be configured unto your iPhone.
You may access the Voicemail function by tapping the Phone icon and pressing Voicemail .
In case the setup has not been configured automatically, you will be asked to enter the number for your new Voicemail. Your new Voicemail number is 28184040.
Another way to access your Voicemail is by simply calling 28184040 using your iPhone’s keypad. Finally, you must follow the guide from the Voicemail to listen, save or erase spoken voicemails for you, or to change your welcome greeting